Today is an acclimation day so we’ll be staying in Namche for another night.
I’m pleased to find that despite the strenuous day of hiking yesterday, I’ve pulled up well physically. Nothing is sore or tight. I guess all the stretching is paying off!
Walking through Namche this morning, I come across some school children and hand out some toy koalas I always travel with. They are a hit!
Our group visits a monument dedicated to Tenzing Norgay and the clouds part enough for us to get our first glimpse of Mount Everest and Lhotse peeking through.
We then set off on our acclimation hike.
Acclimation hikes are worthwhile as they allow you to walk at higher altitudes and then sleep lower, giving the body time to adjust. I benefit greatly from every acclimation hike so I’d definitely recommend them to anyone doing this trek.
Start: Namche Bazaar (3440m amsl)
Finish: Namche Bazaar (3440m amsl)
Everest Basecamp – day by day
- DAY 0 – Kathmandu
- DAY 1 – Kathmandu
- DAY 2 – Lukla/Phakding
- EVEREST BASECAMP: Day 3 – Namche Bazaar
- EVEREST BASECAMP: Day 4 – Namche Bazaar
- EVEREST BASECAMP: Day 5 – Phortse
- EVEREST BASECAMP: Day 6 – Dingboche
- EVEREST BASECAMP: Day 7 – Dingboche
- EVEREST BASECAMP: Day 8 – Lobuche
- EVEREST BASECAMP Day 9 – Everest Basecamp / Gorek Shep
- EVEREST BASECAMP Day 10 – Orsho
- EVEREST BASECAMP Day 11 – Tengboche
- EVEREST BASECAMP Day 12 – Monjo
- EVEREST BASECAMP Day 13 – Lukla
- Full photo gallery