After summiting Mt Kilimanjaro last year, I told myself I was done with adventures at altitude. So because my convictions are so strong, less than a year later, I find myself embarking on my journey to try and get to Everest Basecamp 😉
All journeys start at Kathmandu. I arrive late in the evening so by the time I get in, Kathmandu night life is in full swing, despite it being a Sunday night. I’m staying at the Kathmandu Guest House, an institution in its own right, located in the Thamel district.
There’s live music a-plenty and the bar next to my hotel has a cover band doing the Kings of Leon’s “Sex On Fire” which makes me giggle.
I’ve decided that my first meal in Nepal will be momos. These are a delicious Nepalese version of dumplings containing various fillings such as meat and/or vegetables.
There’s a group of boys beat-boxing in the bar next to me which provides me with the soundtrack to my meal.
Everest Basecamp – day by day
- DAY 0 – Kathmandu
- DAY 1 – Kathmandu
- DAY 2 – Lukla/Phakding
- EVEREST BASECAMP: Day 3 – Namche Bazaar
- EVEREST BASECAMP: Day 4 – Namche Bazaar
- EVEREST BASECAMP: Day 5 – Phortse
- EVEREST BASECAMP: Day 6 – Dingboche
- EVEREST BASECAMP: Day 7 – Dingboche
- EVEREST BASECAMP: Day 8 – Lobuche
- EVEREST BASECAMP Day 9 – Everest Basecamp / Gorek Shep
- EVEREST BASECAMP Day 10 – Orsho
- EVEREST BASECAMP Day 11 – Tengboche
- EVEREST BASECAMP Day 12 – Monjo
- EVEREST BASECAMP Day 13 – Lukla
- Full photo gallery